Thursday, 22 February 2007

Day 2 - Learning @ School Conference

Today started with a fantastic Keynote by David Warlick: blogging and ICT guru from America. This was a wonderful experience to hear David in the flesh for me as I regularly read his blog 2c Worth.

One of the great points I took out of David's talk was:

For the first time in history we are preparing students for a future that we can't clearly describe.

Children these days are:
* connected globally - no barriers
* can teach themselves new skills
* learn new skills because they are connected - can seek o
ut others
* part of a community of other learners and teachers
* have invented new grammar

My two other workshop selections were great also: Forget the Platform and Sorry my Homework was Fragged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for taking the time to leave me a comment. I genuinely appreciate each and every one of them :)