Thursday, 12 July 2007

WOW2 close to home

School holidays are great!

I raced home yesterday to listen to my first WOW2 show (I managed to catch the last 1/2 hour) - and a show very close to home indeed - "Over the top Educators from Down Under"

Featured speakers were:
Graham Wegner - Teaching Generation Z - Judy O’Connell-Hey Jude, Jo McLeay - The Open Classroom - and Jason Hando - Clever Learning.

Women of Web 2.0 (WOW2) is run by Cheryl Oakes, Jennifer Wagner, Sharon Peters, & Vicki Davis. Show topics vary and there is always great speakers featured as well as WOW sites to check out.

It was great to hear the aussie accents and the chat function that we had going on was great to be apart of. I "met" many educators whose blogs or wikis I have been frequenting for some time now.

Many thanks to Chrissy - Teaching Sagittarian for posting the NZ time (1pm Wed) of the show as I needed that prompt to ensure I was around. I am now going to use Time Zone Converter on the World Clock site whenever I need to convert an overseas location time into NZ time.

I am also going to try and listen to the first half of the show each Wednesday during lunchtimes when school is on... what a great idea Chrissy!

To catch up with the show check out the recording here and go here to find out about future shows.


PS - is this the part where I admit to being born in Australia and actually living there for 14 years??!!

image source

2 comments:

  1. Rachel thanks for joining in it makes the conversation richer when we have more voices, enjoy your holiday.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by! These connections are wonderful and these were such great teachers and so very engaging to talk to!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for taking the time to leave me a comment. I genuinely appreciate each and every one of them :)