Friday, 25 May 2007

Comment in another language!

Today I got my first comment in another language! - Spanish!
(See how having a translation feature on your blog is good!)

Naturally, I wanted to know what it said! It reads:

Rachel tu blog y el de tus niños y niñas es muy bueno me gusta seguirlo
por que me parece formidable la utilización que haces de este medio con
alumnado tan joven.Seguiré visitando estos blogs.

The only words I could read was "Rachel" and "blog" (my spanish is definitely not up to scratch!) I copied the text and googled to find a translator... to my surprise.... all translators are not created equally!

Alta Vista's Babel Fish translated the text as: "Rachel your blog and the one of your children and children I am very good likes to follow it so that the use seems to me formidable that beams of this means with pupils so joven.Seguiré visiting these blogs."

That clearly wasn't the best translation, so I tried another.

Free2Professional Translation translated it as: "Rachel your blog and that of your children and girls is very good i like to continue it because formidable the utilization seems me that you do of this middle with alumnado so youth.continue visiting these blogs."

Hmmmmm......

Lastly, I tried good old Google Translate: "Rachel your blog and the one of your children and children I am very good likes to follow it so that the use seems to me formidable that beams of this means with so young pupils. I will continue visiting these blogs."

Hello... that reads better!
Should have tried good old google first!

1 comment:

  1. "Rachel, your blog and that of your children (boys and girls) is very good. I like to follow it because you use a challenging method with students so young. I will keep visiting these blogs."

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for taking the time to leave me a comment. I genuinely appreciate each and every one of them :)