Wednesday, 2 May 2007

Teachers will do anything for chocolate...

Ok, so it turns out teachers will do anything for a chocolate sweet fix!... how different my life may have been if I had only figured this out earlier!

After my late night challenge (read about it here at the end of this post) to our teachers I arrived at school at 8:20am after having a much deserved sleep in only to find...

... 6 emails from excited teachers who had gone to the wiki, read the information and corrected the spelling mistakes. My favourite emails I got were from Neroli & Viv; they read:
Hi Rachel,
Just to let you know I think I might be a bit of an 'expert'. I corrected 'computa' to 'computer'!!
Cheers
Neroli

Hi Rachel, This is a good game.  I edited the ing on or off really on data
projector.
Cheers Viv

This excitement is great because it assures me: that they checked their emails; that they visited the wiki; that they read through the wiki and that they had a successful experience of editing a wiki!

I will leave the thought of wikis with staff for a few weeks; now that they've seen one and edited one, they might be able to think of a way that they could be using these in their classrooms.... what fun!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,

    I need to talk with you. I have added you to Skype and I am trying to find your email. Will you please email me?

    Thanks,

    Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach
    snbeach@cox.net

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for taking the time to leave me a comment. I genuinely appreciate each and every one of them :)